Here are some of the more popular tax deadlines for corporate and other employers in the fourth quarter of 2019. This list is not exhaustive so there may be additional requirements that apply to you.
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2018 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2018 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Individual tax filers that filed an extension in April are due to file their 2018 1040 return. Household employers will attached the Schedule H and pay any federal tax still owed.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2019 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “November 12.”)
- 1040 estimated tax payment of household employment federal taxes from third quarter
- Household employer individual state withholding and unemployment tax filings for third quarter depending on state laws and filing frequencies.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2019 (Form 941), if you deposited on time (and in full) all of the associated taxes due.
If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2019 estimated income taxes.