Experts agree, writing a nanny contract or nanny work agreement is a best practice in nanny employment. Why?
- Your nanny contract memorializes the agreement you made with your new nanny, an important document to refer back to later in a dispute, or when the details were simply forgotten.
- Your nanny contract documents the compensation agreement, including hourly rate, hours of work, and guaranteed base pay if applicable.
- The nanny work agreement outlines important benefits such as paid holidays, vacation and sick time agreements.
- The nanny contract articulates your household's policies, rules and procedures for calling out sick, inclement weather policy, household security, social media guidelines, confidentiality agreement and other important items you want to be sure there is no misunderstanding about.
- Your nanny contract should plan for the ending of the agreement, including notice provisions or pay in lieu of notice agreement, the return of family property, and a confirmation that employment is at will.
Getting the terms of your nanny agreement down in writing in the nanny contract is important protection for your family and for the individual you hire to care for your precious children.
Nanny Contract Resources:
Sample Nanny:Family Work Agreement Templates