April 2015 Update
The survey referenced below is now closed and published. HWS encourages you to review the results.
The INA reports the following:
Key findings include:
- Average hourly rate USD$18.66, $1/hour increase from 2012
- 49% have had a salary increase in prior 12 months, up from 38% in 2012
- Education and experience correlate with higher hourly wage
- 60% received an annual bonus in 2013, up from 53% in 2011
- INA Credentialed nannies average $19.96 per hour
- 64% are paid legally
Regarding nanny benefits:
- 62% receive paid vacation 57% receive paid holidays, down from 66% in 2012
- 71% receive “guaranteed pay” when the family does not need them
- 10% receive full health insurance; 12% receive partial health insurance, unchanged from 2012. This was surprising given generous employer tax breaks that became available in 2012 for employer provided health insurance.